Can your employer help?
Find out what your employer can do to help you rent or buy housing
More than 300 employees
You work for a company which has more than 300 employees* ? The works council Housing Information Commission can help you.
* Companies with less than 300 employees can group together to form such a commission.
The commission’s role
- Find available housing corresponding to the needs of the personnel, in conjuction with the company’s collecting body.
- Inform the employees about conditions of property ownership or rental and to help them with the formalities for getting any financial aid they may be entitled to.
- Help employees invest funds coming from company saving schemes.
The commission proposes, in each company, the criteria for ranking employee applications for rental or home ownership, taking into the family situation of each applicant. These applications are then examined by the works Council.
For more information click here
From 20 to 300 employees
Action Logement consists of financial assistance for housing provided by private sector (non agricultural) companies with more than 20 employees as part of a national scheme initiated in 1953 to promote construction.
Action Logement is managed by the CIL/CCI and involves more than 217 000 companies and around 13 million employees.
The three main categories of finance :
- Investments for rented accommodation (urban renewal, rented social housing, furnished accommodation),
- aids for households (financing home ownership),
- payments to the Foncière Logement – an organisation responsible for supplying new private rental properties destined, in priority, for company employees.
“Action logement” is now available to employees in a wide range of situations :
- Employees in small companies (fewer than 10 employees)
- Registered job seekers
- Young people (30 years old, or younger, in work or looking for work) and students on a state grant
- The disabled
- Owners of degraded jointly-owned properties
Contact your company for more information, or click here
Fewer than 20 employees
- For companies with between 10 and 20 employees, which had previously paid into “Action Logement (ex 1% logement)”, financial aid will be continued with the helpof the State.
- Intended primarily for employees of companies with a workforce of 20 or more, “Action Logement” has adapted to new life styles and now benefits a wider range of applicants, including, under certain conditions, employees of companies with a workforce of 10 or less.