Conseils Utiles Logement

Useful Advice

Find all the useful tips to facilitate access to housing

Home    Useful Advice

Diagnostic Surveys

Diagnostics en cas de location

When the lease is signed or renewed, the landlord must provide the tenant with the results of certain technical surveys.

This includes the following documents: click here

Renovations and energy saving improvements

DPE – Energy Performance Survey

The Energy Performance Survey (DPE) provides information about the energy performance of a dwelling or building, and assesses its energy consumption and its impact in terms of greenhouse gas emissions. It is part of the energy policy set at a European level to reduce energy consumption in buildings, and limit greenhouse gas emissions.

The DPE must be carried out ​​in connection with the sale or construction of any building or part of the building, closed and covered, whatever its usage. It must also be carried out when renting a dwelling or a building used primarily for habitation.

The energy performance survey must be carried out by an independent and competent professional who is covered by insurance.

Home / energy saving improvements

Funding for home improvements

Interest-free eco loan

The interest-free eco loan (éco-PTZ) is granted under certain conditions to fund energy saving home improvements. This loan is available until 31 December 2018.

The maximum amount of the interest-free loan is €30,000  per home.

Only one loan per home and per building is authorised.

Who can benefit?

Homeowners who  occupy or have rented out their main residence that was constructed before 1990.

Bank Eco-loans

These loans are granted by banks to finance improvements to increase energy efficiency in homes.

Who can benefit ?

The same conditions as for the tax credit apply, but loans cover all costs, including installation.

Who to contact ?

Your bank.

PAS Homeownership social loan

The homeownership social loan mortgage (PAS) is an state-approved loan with a fixed upper limit interest rate granted by certain financial institutions. It is designed to promote home ownership for low to middle income families for their main residence only. The borrower may be eligible for Personalised Housing Aid (APL).

Who can benefit?

For households wishing to buy, build, or renovate their main residence, and whose joint income (of all individuals intending to use the home as their main residence) does not exceed a fixed upper limit.

Who to contact?
Your bank or financial institution which have signed an agreement with the state.

Home improvements loan

This loan can cover 80% of the cost of improvements (capped).

Who can benefit?
For those receiving family allowance. Means tested.

Employees and non-salaried agricultural workers, go to the MSA site (Mutuelle Sociale Agricole)  click here.

Tax advantages

The energy transition tax credit (Cite)

The energy transition tax credit (Cite) is an income tax credit for tax payers (tenants or home owners) who have carried out work to improve the environmental quality of their main residence.

Reduced VAT

Certain home improvements such as insulation, heating, photovoltaic panels benefit from a reduced rate of VAT.

Who can benefit ?

You are a property owner-occupier or tenant. The property was constructed more than 2 years ago. The property is your primary residence.

Financial aid for renovations

In the Alpes Maritimes, financial aid from the National Housing Agency (ANAH) has been delegated to the Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur for use within its territory, with the Departmental Directorate of Territory and Sea ( DDTM ) maintaining management for the rest of the department. This national source of aid may be accompanied by community-specific measures in particular for energy-related renovations in housing.

Whether you are a tenant, owner-occupier, lease-holder, or building manager, there may be financial aid for your eco-renovation needs.

  • The national azure phone line: 0810 140 240
  • ADIL 06, if you live within the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropole, on from 9am to 12pm or by email to
  • DDTM 06 if you live outside the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropole on from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 5pm or by email to

To download information about any aid available when carrying out renovation work on the French Riviera,  click here


Housing and employment

Can your employer help?

Find out what your employer can do to help you rent or buy housing


eDRH06 is a shared on-line HR service for companies which puts potential employers and job seekers  in contact with each other by matching profiles and needs.

The portal currently addresses three sectors :  Industry , tourism and BTP.

Discover the concept:

Contact eDRH06 :

Facing difficulties

Financial difficulties

If you are facing financial difficulties, help may be available, whether you are:




Help with legal problems

If you are facing a legal problem, you are victim of a crime, involved in a dispute (with an individual or an institution) or with the law, or for any legal questions regarding housing, there are a number of oganisations that can help you :

  • ADIL 06  (Housing Information Agency)
    This agency offers free, objective information about any legal problems : click here


  • Legal aid
    You may benefit from legal aid if your income is low. This aid covers part or all the costs of using of a bailiff and a lawyer. You may pick up an application form for legal aid from the Tribunal de Grande Instance (Family court) of Nice or of Grasse, from an “antenne de justice” or from a local “maison du droit”.


  • “Antennes de justice”
    Advisors can direct you towards the right legal professionals. They can also help with some paperwork. Addresses of “Antennes de Justice” : click here


  • Legal protection contract
    This contract is a system of protection which can cover the costs of receiving legal assistance. It is a guarantee that can be used during litigation. Contact your insurance company or bank to see if your are eligible.


  • Free mediation service

All real estate professionals are required to make available a free mediation service to their clients. Whether you have a dispute concerning a property purchase or rental property management, you can contact a free and independent mediation service. For more information : click here

Dealing with professional or personal difficulties

If you are facing  professional or personal difficulties :

  • Contact your company or work-place social worker


  • The Medical and Social District Office (Maisons des Solidarités Départementales) :


  • Or your local Communal Action Social Centre  (Centre Communal d’Action Sociale -CCAS)(More information from your local city hall)

Non-French residents

You are a non-French resident moving to the French Riviera for professional reasons? Here you will find all the information you need to help you understand the French property market and to find the right accommodation for you.

Rented accommodation:

  • You would like to rent accommodation on the French Riviera in the private sector? click here


Buying property:

  • You would like to buy property on the French Riviera? buying property
  • Take a look at the Welcome Guide, designed for non-French residents working on the French Riviera: Welcome Guide

Housing and seniors

One in five residents of the French Riviera lives alone, and only 4% of the over 60s lives in an institution. Housing must therefore be adapted to meet these challenges.

The Conseil Départemental has set up a support plan to help you carry out improvements in your home to make it more suitable for independent living.

Housing and disability


The National Housing Agency (Anah) may fund up to half the cost of adapting your home  for disability and can help you with the different steps to take.

Tax credits

Tax credit is granted against the costs of installing or replacing equipment specially designed for the elderly or disabled.

Applies to the main residence only, for both homeowners or tenants.

Useful links

  • The Ministry of Housing and Sustainable Housing has published a booklet on access and accessibility to housing for people with disabilities.
    For more information: click here
  • More information of the Maison Départementale des Personnes Handicapées des Alpes-Maritimes (MDPH06) :


  • L’association Handitoit Provence has published a pratical guide to housing :

Practical guide for moving home

Moving home

You are moving home? Here are some of the steps you have to follow: click here

Financial aid for moving home

An allowance may be granted to large families who need to move to accommodate a growing household.

Who can benefit ? 
Depends on size and composition of the household.